Wednesday, March 28, 2007

As good a place to start as any...

Well, this is it. My first post on my first blog! I've wanted to start a blog for awhile. There are so many cool ones out on the web already, getting up the courage to enter the online community and post my thoughts took a bit, but I'm finally here. Frankly, I need the support. I thought long and hard about what the topic of my blog should be and found that I've already been getting a lot of silent nods of understanding just reading the many great bloggers out there going through the same thing I am...infertility. It's a hard road to walk. It's not something you think about until it happens to you. Infertility is frustrating, scary, and for someone who likes things to work "as planned", it's like a flash flood that wipes out the very foundation of your being. One minute you're living your life, not worrying about the years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes passing you by and the next you're having the word "infertile" stamped on your passport and now every second counts like a ticking time bomb...Will you be able to diffuse the bomb and have a baby? Or will the bomb tick tock it's way to a point when your ovaries explode and any chance you had at achieving a pregnancy, having a "biological" child is wiped out forever? So, what's a gal gotta do to stay sane in such stressful times? Start a blog so that she doesn't annoy her husband, friends, or family with her constant infertility angst. Maybe no one but I will ever read this, but at least it will give me a place to ponder, to vent, to get things off my chest. If I'm lucky, it's a means to an end. At best, maybe someone else out there who is going through the same issues I am will read these posts and realize that there are other people out there who feel their pain and understand what they are going through when it comes to trying to conceive.

No comments: