Friday, May 11, 2007

Freaking Eater of Blog Post.....

My Stats

CD-6
Fertility Drugs-Follistim AQ
Other Drugs-Synthroid, Metformin x2, Prenatal & Vitamin C

Days w/o Bread=10

I am so freaking pissed right now! I just wrote this long post about what's going on right now and the bloody computer ate it!

Basically I am freaking out about the fact that I screwed up and got sidetracked and took my Follistim (225 units) shot an hour late. It was supposed to be at 9pm and I spaced it and didn't realize till 10pm that I hadn't taken it. Of course, I jumped up and took it right away then, but I'm freaking that it might screw up IUI#4. I went and tried to look at another infertility blog to see if I could find the answer. I finally Googled it and found a website for an infertility clinic with a FAQ page that said not taking it at "exactly" the same time as the night before shouldn't screw up the IUI procedure. Phew...dodged a bullet there. Of course, if IUI#4 doesn't work then I will totally know that my taking the shot an hour late is the cause for another failure.

I'm also worried because I start my Ganirelix shot tomorrow night. In preparation, I was looking at my supply and while I have enough I realized that one of the boxes has an "expiration" date of April 2008, but the prescription label has a "discard" date of 5/10/2007. If I take the shot tomorrow night then it will be 2 days past the discard date. I don't want to take a shot that might be too old, but on the other hand I don't want to waste any infertility drugs if I don't have to. I tried searching for the difference between "expiration" and "discard" date, but couldn't find anything. I know I will call the 1-800 number for the pharmacy tomorrow and ask them, but in the meantime does anyone out there know what the difference is between the two dates? If I take the Ganirelix 2 days past the "discard" date, but before the expiration date, should it be okay? Which date is more important?

Here is a quick update on my status.

Took Follistim AQ shot (225 units) Tues, Wed, Thurs
Had blood work and ultrasound#2 today (Friday)
Took Follistim AQ shot (225 units) Friday night (but one hour late)
Sat&Sun-will take Follistim (225 units) plus a pre-filled shot of Ganirelix both nights.
Sometime by Sunday have sex with XY. (RE office nurse said abstinence before procedure of a minimum of 2-3 days.)
Monday night-Give self HCG trigger shot
Tuesday-nothing
Wednesday-Drive almost 2 hours to RE's office so XY & I are there by 7:20am (yikes) for IUI#4. (Take entire day off work, rather than make previous mistake of going back to work after procedure.)

In the meantime any positive thoughts/prayers would be appreciated. I have an acupuncture appointment on Tuesday to hopefully help me relax before the procedure on Wednesday morning. I am currently trying to think positive thoughts, send up imploring wishes to any gods/goddesses listening. Offering up bushels of pomegranates to Persephone for any fertility mojo she can send my way.

No comments: