Sunday, September 28, 2008

2 hours 34 minutes=5.755 miles!

So, I went in for my annual ob/gyn appointment on Thursday (more about that in another post). The point is that by the official doctor's office scale, I have lost 22 pounds since the middle of August. SHOCKING, I KNOW! Well, I can't really get into it, but I've had some motivation and it is working.

I joined a gym so I could go swimming, works been getting in the way of that lately, but I started and I hope to get back there this week. In the meantime, I've been really trying to use my treadmill. I've been watching episodes of "Alias" while I walk/jog on it. An episode of "Alias" is approximately 45 minutes long, so I'm hoping to eventually work up to 15 minutes of walking (warm up/cool down) and 30 minutes of jogging. My goal is for at least 5 days a week, but so far I'm trying to just do it at least every other day.

So, last week I could only get on for about 25 minutes on Sunday and then the rest of the week was super busy both personally and professionally, so no treadmill the rest of the week. I had an article due for work and finally completed that on Saturday, so Sunday I got up and got motivated. I decided to finish the episode of "Alias" I didn't complete the week before, then watch another full episode. I got through that and thought about stopping, but since I hadn't been on all week, I felt guilty and so I ended up walking through another episode of "Alias". A total of 2 1/2 episodes of "Alias" ended up being 2 hours 34 minutes on the treadmill for a total of 5.755 miles! Amazing and I felt great afterwards. Now I know that a slow pace for miles per minute, but the point is I did it!

After my shower (I'm trying to embrace the sweatiness of the treadmill-not my overall favorite feeling, but getting used to it) I decided to weigh myself. I hadn't been on the scale since Thursday. I got on and since Thursday, I was down another 4 pounds! Now, I'm taking my home scale with a grain of salt (since it's never the same as the doctor's office one) but still even if it's off a little at least it's still going down!!!! Yeah me!

No comments: